Tuesday, January 06, 2004

i was working nightime in eastern accent today. i guess because of the cold weather today, we had very few customers and that left me with some idle moments. and therefore, this poem came to being.
...and it's titled WAITING.

" the game of waiting,
has become a time,
where inanimate objects around us,
come alive,
and when our reality fades
into a distant dream."

followed by another poem, "inspired" by the recent breakup with somebody...

" Last night when I talked to you,
I felt the pain, emerging
within my heart, and my soul
screaming out to yours.
All the time, I was hiding
beneath a face of indifference
and happiness,
so that you would think me
strong and mighty in my God.
The truth, I am telling you,
is that every night on my bed,
your imaginary presence
creeps back into my sleep,
uttering, " I love you."

No comments: