Tuesday, August 02, 2005

jet-lagged

i finally got home two nights ago. quite a number of things happened along the way. first, when i arrived at narita airport in tokoyo,i had my passport missing. a flight assistant went back to the plane and finally found it for me. i must have become too carried away by a conversation with a japanese lady sitting next to me. when i got back the passport, i walked a good 20 minutes in the airport to a gate that appeared really empty. I thought i had missed the flight. But later I realized I mistook the seat number on my ticket for the gate number! the gate was supposed to be just a few seconds away from where i came from! and so i hurried back and managed to get on the plane during the last call. i felt really foolish and it was certainly no fun walking the distance with a heavy backpack and two violins.
When i arrived at the singapore airport, my parents weren't there to pick me up. they had thought that my arrival time was the next day. so, i ended up calling my dad and waiting for them to arrive. after half an hour of waiting, a security guy came up to me and informed me that i might had taken somebody else's luggage( that closely resembled mine) by mistake, and i actually did! this person finally came up to me and we finally exchanged them. so, it was definitely a good thing that my parents didn't come earlier and bring me home with the wrong piece of luggage.



very strange to be back home. the lobby of the condominium, the kids' playground, the swimming pool, parking lots,etc have all been renovated and so things don't look quite the same. my parents haven't changed much though, looking and feeling as happy and contented as before. my sister and i still have many things to talk about and share, after spending more than 2 years apart. it's the second day, and things feel familiar, yet unfamiliar. i have been mostly awake late at night and very early in the morning. in the afternoon and evening, when everyone else is busy and alive with their activities, i rest in my dreamworld. even during the waking hours, my body is totally exhausted from a tedious 20 hours' journey.many things i am seeing and feeling seem like blurry and unreal images to me.

hopefully, my schedule will get back to normal soon!

No comments: