Thursday, August 03, 2006

that garden

IMG_0391

IMG_0430

the gardens 053

the gardens 026

IMG_0393


I thought maybe we could create this garden together. somebody told me of this place seven years ago, and it was hidden somewhere in my memory. and then, i was reminded of it again one month ago, in a dream. in the latter it was winter, but in that room with you, it was warm and cozy.

so i went around singapore, snapping pictures sporadically, hoping to capture glimpses of this dream that burns in my heart.
the images are mere shadows and are not complete . but we will continue searching for the secret treasure, and hoping against all hope that the impossible can be attained.

4 comments:

Das Steppenwolf said...

I'm pleased to see you've kept up your photography. Those days were always such good times and they're nice memories to think back on from time to time. Ann Arbor certainly wasn't the same without you.

Jie Jie Ng said...

hey! is this Mike? i can't think of any friend who is associated with steppenwolf..haha!
so nice to hear from you. i had a great time hanging out with you in ann arbor!
hey do you have a webpage that i could add as a link to my blog? it's a good way to keep in touch.
if you aren't mike, then let me know too.

Das Steppenwolf said...

Yeah, it's me. I was wondering if you'd be able to guess (was certainly hoping so). I haven't been able to read back too far in your blog. How've you been? What are you doing these days?
In answer to your question, I just started a blog on here (had one before, but I deleted it) and I have some of my photos posted here: http://flickr.com/people/90721595@N00/

Jie Jie Ng said...

hey Mike, i have been doing fine. i am teaching violin nowdays and playing gigs and working on mini projects here and there. I visited your photo blog and i really like those pictures! makes me miss ann arbor too, and even a bit of winter haha.