Thursday, February 12, 2004

a short poem to Jesus Christ

" the drumbeat of Your glory
resounds every single moment
to the point where I could hear
nothing,
but the music of your love."
by your child, jie jie.

St Valentine's day is in two days' time. I read about Pastor Seth's message ( from my church Harvest) about this special occasion. I truly identify with what he has to say. As much as we are in love....with the lovers, or ex-lovers in our lives, i feel that there's nobody out there, but Jesus, who can satisfy our heart and soul.He has brought us people to love, and to be loved, but the deepest emptiness of our being, can only be filled by the infinity of His love. How can human love....be sufficient and perfect, when it's not refueled and rejunevated by a greater and higher love from God? As for me, i grow tired, in my love for myself and for people, but as far as i know, God is never weary. He is always ready to "give strenght to the weary and increase the power of the weak." ( Isaiah40:28-29) In my weariness, i have found His strength. In my utter selfishness, I have found a selfless love in Christ. As much as I am at times infatuated and head over heels in love with certain people in my life, I believe that the greatest lover.....remains Jesus Christ!! Happy Valentine's Day...to You, my God and my savior!!

1 comment:

Diane Gauthier said...

well said!